Friday, April 18, 2008

Making a start

My last vacation was to Scotland in 2006. I love the Highlands and Islands: The Great Glen, Skye, Kyle of Lochalsh, Mallaig, Oban and the lochs and valleys which connect them. Tobermory on Mull is a great favourite.

Tomorrow we leave for Paris and Nice. They will be such a contrast. One of the great cities of the world with its monuments and museums; and the grassy, rocky, lochs of the Scottish coast. Each is beautiful in its own way - each refreshing to the soul.

I still have to decide whether to bring my MacBook Pro with me. I can not remember the last vacation I took where I did not spend hours working late at night after a busy day's sightseeing. I have some ideas for a new web site. It would be a contrast to the heavy Java coding of the last ten months. I would probably use Ruby on Rails although Merb is an interesting and tempting alternative.

If I do not take the laptop with me, this first post might not be succeeded for a couple of weeks. I would love to be able to add some photos of Paris though...

No comments: